1/23/2007

sotu partay

So I come home and my roommates aren't watching. Apparently, they are concerned about becoming angry :)

First, a couple random things. In addition to needing to go to the dentist, doctor, and auto shop, I need to see an eye doctor too. My vision is changing in the wrong direction. Grrr.

But there's good news, too. We got to help Jodi make her first snowman! Good times. The big, fat flakes that are perfect for tightly packed snowmen. And snowballs. Also, two of my Clayton kiddies took first place at GSL! Take that all you other StL debaters.

So, is it just me, or did this sound like the same old thing? I know I missed the very first part, but I didn't hear anything really at all. I'm just rather apathetic right now. One thing I will add, though, is that Pelosi needs to just lean over and take a nap. The blinking was out of control.

One thing I would clarify is that Bush's claim that the country was unified going into Iraq in 2003 is pretty funny. You don't hard sell like the Administration did if you think everybody supports you. But really aside from that, I kind of felt sorry for him. What boring, redundant blathering. I know the Fox commentators are using adjectives like bold right now, but I think they're saying that because it's really anything but...

And the contrast with Webb, wow. It even makes the Fox guy remark he was strong. Webb was serious, direct, forceful. Goodness, maybe this Congress really will be different.

1 comment:

SavRed said...

Nate--

I think your vision is failing faster than you think!

SavRed