3/30/2010

liberal mud wrestling cage match extroardinaire

I have become slightly fascinated by a particular bout of personality-run-amok circulating around the intertubes recently regarding Glenn Greenwald, Jane Hamsher, Rogers Cadenhead, et al. If you know what I'm talking about, no need to rehash anything; you've already spent too much time reading about this.

If you don't, just picture scantily clad women mud wrestling (apparently, a lot of people do, as a quick Google Search turns up 766,000 links) and then replace scantily clad women with liberal activist blogger nerds.

Much fun.

P.S. Holy cow. I clicked on the Google Search link, and it said 808,000 links. That's 42,000 new web pages in like a day. Either I accidentally started some massive new trend, or there's going to be 15 million pages on mud wrestling come my birthday next year. Or, perhaps, mathematics isn't quite so simple as extrapolating linear trends forever. But then what would Wall Street hotshots do to claim they should make gobs 'o money?

And dude, check it out. All you have to do is come up with long phrases not usually found together, and presto, Google gold. Search mud wrestling liberal activist blogger nerds and guess who's number 1?

Really, you would never guess.

I even out-Malkined Michelle, whose post wasn't even number 2.

Just don't make me update this again when someone else steals the top spot that clearly and rightfully belongs to moi.

2 comments:

Rogers Cadenhead said...

In a bikini mud wrestling match with Jane Hamsher and Glenn Greenwald, I don't like my chances.

Nathaniel said...

well, bonne chance

The internet really is a weird place. Without Google, you probably wouldn't have been alerted I used your name on a site run by Google...

Anyway, I prefer policy over personalities, but I will say it struck me as a little odd where the questions were going about the PACs. I didn't follow whether the issue was a lack of transparency and accountability, or a disagreement about how the money was spent.

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but I pretty much figured that people who donated to Accountability Now PAC and FDL Action PAC knew their money wasn't a donation to a candidate, it was a donation to do things like blog and make political videos for the purpose of weakening incumbents or recruiting primary challengers or pursing a specific action or whatever.