4/02/2007

opening day part 2

The good news is that the Royals were on ESPN today. The bad news is that they decided to have the game while I was working. Not very thoughtful.

So, I took a late lunch and hung out at Laclede Street Bar and Grill down by SLU for an hour. Of course, my waitress had to be a Red Sox fan. What are they doing in St. Louis, anyway? Got there just in time to see Schilling walk in the tying run. That's always smart to do. Something must have been wrong with the TV, though. That Royals pitcher actually looked like somebody who should be paid a fair amount of money to play baseball. I'm sure Bud Selig and David Glass are looking into it.

Lookie, it's day 2, and the Royals are still tied for first. I think I'm not getting a hair cut until they lose.

Note to Royals, I'm planning on getting a hair cut Thursday. Don't let me down.

No comments: