2/09/2006

going backwards

Swing is kicking my butt. Period. There's really no nice or flattering way to say it. I left tonight less comfortable with the stuff we did this week than I left last week with the stuff we did then. I honestly think people who claim to hear "triple step, triple step, quick step" or "1 and 2, 1 and 2, rock step" or "oh dear Lord, oh dear Lord, crap crap" in the music are full of it. Or Schizophrenic. Or something. Anything but normal.

But something more normal has happened in my life this week. I like milestones (you may have noticed, if you've been reading for a while). This week, my mail program received its 5,000th email. Now, I'm not sure whether this is a lot or a little. There's really no metric for email volume like there is for mileage on your car. Some enterprising engineer with way too much time on his hands (or hers, no offense ladies) needs to devise a simple conversion, write it in java, and put it on the web to get from emails to mileage.

Something like 1,000 emails equals one year of driving or something like that. And then maybe have different scales for casual users and hardcore email freaks.

You're done with the Risk calculator, so I know you've got time for this. Hop to.

No comments: