2/25/2006

joyeux mardi gras tout le monde

You know it's a good weekend when it's so full there's no time for celebrating one of the greatest holidays there is! Alas, this year my high school kiddies, trying a little swing, judging some mock trial, and dinner and bowling with church peeps were all already on the agenda.

But the rest of you, have fun! I wonder if ours will be the biggest this year? There were already people downtown this morning when I was there for trial (we have regionals at the Civil Courts building). I am one of those people who say they love New Orleans yet have never been there except around Mardi Gras :)

I of course jinxed myself when I wrote after the Katrina debacle that I needed to start planning now for Mardi Gras because it was going to be big in St. Louis. Serves me right for actually trying to plan ahead.

And a sad tieland update: today isn't even a work day, and I wore a tie. The cause isn't going so hot.

No comments: