3/31/2006

out of my comfort zone

And partially deaf, too. To welcome my birthday a friend and I met some other friends at a blues bar downtown (Beale) for Kim Massie and other musicians. Never mind for a second that I was at work until 10:00 pm last night (that's not even being blogged about) and need to get up in about four hours.

It is so fascinating. I see these people who obviously feel and hear things that my brain simply doesn't register. And then it drives them to move their body in ways I find awkwardly difficult to imitate. There's a whole language these people speak, and I'm just trying to learn enough letters to say hello. But I do want to learn, as painful and embarrassing and intimidating and frustrating as that may be.

Here's to a weekend of new experiences and no sleep!

Oh, and so my car wouldn't feel left out of the festivities, it sits at 65670 out in the parking lot, exactly 30,000 miles since I got it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know it was your birthday!! Hope you have a fun weekend, happy birthday!!!

Nathaniel said...

Yeah, thanks! Are you around Sunday evening? I was thinking of seeing if Eric and Jodi wanted to grab dinner.