6/10/2006

pinked out

Jodi dragged me out of bed way too early on a Saturday morning. Not to do something cool like see a baseball game or go on a float trip or something. No no. To spend the morning surrounded by lots and lots of pink. And spend $20 on a t-shirt. Seriously, even the Sun Chips were in a pink bag.

But it's for a "good cause", and it was really quite a bit of fun. Her friends Cathleen and Tom were in town, for Race for the Cure, from Kentucky. They ran, but I was content to walk with Jodi (as it seems most people did, by the way). I consider myself quite tolerant of pink, but that was amazing; everything was pink. I was happy when we got done that the bottled water was clear!

They basically had booths set up between about Tucker and 18th street, and the course was a loop around them west on Olive to Compton then back east on Market to City Hall. This allows for some incredible views at the top of a couple hills of block after block of people packed together. Good times. I'll skip a lengthy discussion of all those cute runners as Julie now knows about Stay Curious. Hope you're having fun in Chicago.

No comments: