6/16/2005

goodbye stuart

Tonight we wished Deen Greenbaum a happy farewell as he steps down after serving for ten years as Dean of the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis. By the way, if I ever work at a place with a name that long, just shoot me.

At the risk of sounding a wee bit caught up in the evening's festivities, the leadership and vision he proferred was one of the primary reasons I chose Wash U. Of course, he doesn't name scholarships very creatively (like no other school has a 'Dean's' Scholarship), but I guess that's forgivable. I really liked where he was taking the school, and it's much better for his tenure. So let me be the 3,854th person to say thank you! The dinner was formal at the Chase, very nice and exactly how the B-School does things.

By the way, I'm already addicted to my iPod. It's really sad.

So is this: When I took the quiz for how old I act, it overguessed by a tad.

You Are 31 Years Old

31


Under 12: You are a kid at heart. You still have an optimistic life view - and you look at the world with awe.

13-19: You are a teenager at heart. You question authority and are still trying to find your place in this world.

20-29: You are a twentysomething at heart. You feel excited about what's to come... love, work, and new experiences.

30-39: You are a thirtysomething at heart. You've had a taste of success and true love, but you want more!

40+: You are a mature adult. You've been through most of the ups and downs of life already. Now you get to sit back and relax.

No comments: