6/26/2005

summer heat and icky water

It's a shame that some things so beautiful from afar are actually rather nasty up close. As the only thing my body lacks more than sunshine right now is exercise, I took a book and walked to the park today. I really like the landscaping they've done around the fountains under art hill and the suspension bridge on the trail over the stream to the east. I curled up on a bench and sort of read, sort of watched the fountains and people in the boats. It was quite warm this afternoon, so before taking off, I of course dipped my feet in the pond. When you get that close, though, you see the water is a tad disgusting. Alas, the things you do when it's hot.

This story is pretty much exactly what I did this afternoon, although according to this next quiz I exaggerate from time to time.

You Are Somewhat Honest
You do tend to tell the truth a lot. But you also stretch the truth on occasion. You figure a little lie isn't a big deal as long as it doesn't hurt anyone too much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you- I know the feeling, It finally cooled here b/c it is raining. I love the days that you get to spend outside and reading. It is always a great combo- there is also the griling and having a few drinks with friends. Just wanted to stop by your site and check it out finally. Thanks for being supportive the other night. Things are quite a bit better now. :)