10/12/2005

oh dear, i'm drooling

Maybe it's finally time to replace my 'ole iBook--or at least get it a nice companion. It's been three years now since I bought this laptop, and I didn't even buy it new. The hard drive is full, it doesn't have the newest operating system on it, it has the slower USB connections for my mini, and it's not even a G4, let alone a G5. Plus the IR remote is way cool. And that would let me use my laptop as a dedicated OS 9 gaming machine; I still have a special place in my heart for Master of Orion and WarCraft and X-Wing and a few others.

Of course, that would require cleaning off my desk. There's a reason my laptop lives in the living room.

5 comments:

SavRed said...

Nate--My son is looking at some ridiculous Acer thing that's red and black and does everything except scramble eggs.

I keep telling him wait one more year to tote something to college, but he's got a bad case of want-itis.

Charles

Eric Dienstfrey said...

charles, your son must be looking at an older model -- mine scrambles eggs =)

Nathaniel said...

I would suggest waiting until the trip to college, as well. You want to have the newest stuff to show off!

SavRed said...

Nate & Eric--I'm going to cut and paste your comments to him because anything out of my mouth is instantly suspect.

He thinks he's Steve Jobs now that he's saved up his busboy money.

Charles

SavRed said...

Nate & Eric--He bought a Dell. For $2100. That's a lot of schlepped cole slaw.

Charles