5/08/2005

not a city person

It's funny saying that, seeing as how I live in a city of several hundred thousand people, with millions more sprawled out in several counties around me, and I could never survive a rural life away from the amenities of an American metro area. But after we had some great BBQ tonight, Adrian and Eli gave the rest of us a tour around their neighborhood in Lafayette Square (Eli still lives there, Adrian moved away when he was 16). It's a great area (seriously, it's really nice), and it's very fun seeing my college roommate relive the first 16 years of his life. But my suburban instincts totally kicked in; even the open spaces felt artificially closed in and cramped in a way that is difficult to describe. I just know it felt that way.

By the way, I'm just jumping in and writing (as if you couldn't tell). If you wanted some sort of intro or history about me or something, well, tough luck. Stop crying and go spend your time doing something more worthwhile, like waiting in line at a store to buy software when you could, you know, just buy it online. Or the next day. At least Andy won something for his efforts!

No comments: