9/05/2005

too full of chicken and brownies

and ice cream! I learned a very sad fact about Mrs. Lee this weekend; namely, that she thinks ice cream and brownies don't go together.

But aside from that, a very good Labor Day indeed. Some old friends, and some even older friends, and some very new ones. Air shows and barbecue and the Cheesecake Factory. Getting whooped at monkey baseball and Mario Kart.

Pigging out on homemade snickerdoodles and having Ted Drewe's for lunch.

A monumental game of Risk and a cat that survived under my care.

Washed the sheets, did the laundry, made the bed, and put all the clothes away. In the same weekend, no less.

Every weekend should be three days long!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did the Risk game end up?

Nathaniel said...

After a rather elongated period of initial jockeying, my armies spread from the Soviet Union to take out two players in Africa and South America. Alas, this left me slightly too spread out, and the evil armies of Brad from North America ultimately conquered the globe. I really had no choice but to go for broke because all the other players were earning more armies than me every turn. Until next time...

Eric Dienstfrey said...

I must tell you that you handed Brad the win. After thinking about this, I realized that you were spread to thin after taking Nate and Hody, and that strategically, it would have been better to force Hody to attack Brad. Thus, I would not have been able to take you over in the next turn, and Brad would not have been able to continue the BS treaty with Hody that pretty much secured Brad the win. We must play again.