8/31/2005

le poisson

Brad and I went to see Augusta Bottoms Consort at the Sheldon last night. I now consider my quota of artsy local musiciany goodness filled for the year. (I like a wide variety of music, but I tend to get it from a narrow group of mainstream commercial sources rather than artists less influenced by money and fame)

In the first part, my favorite song was definitely Cosmic Love, and two of the best were encore songs, Le Poisson (fish) and Holy War. They were folksy, yet surprisingly catchy, as well.

Oh, and on another note, no, I don't think I can dance. However, my roommate loves that show, and I unfortunately saw some of it tonight. Well, on nothing more substantial than a split-second impression of seeing the couples (not even dancing, I might add) I correctly identified the two couples whom the judges would rank lowest. Sometimes rash judgments based on first impressions are all you need!

No comments: